Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Allegra & Family - Infant Session {Balboa Park - San Diego, Ca.}

I was recently asked to photograph the promotion ceremony and luncheon of Navy Nurse, Capt. Fritzi McDonald. Capt. McDonald also had me photograph her daughter Allegra, who had just turned 1 year old.

Having the opportunity to photograph in San Diego was great, having the opportunity to photograph for a naval office and her family was even better! I headed down early Friday morning for the promotion ceremony and luncheon at the Veteran's Memorial Museum at Balboa Park and stayed overnight to capture 1-year-old Allegra and her family the next day. (A special thanks to my best friend Matt Ellis and his in-laws for putting me up for the night).

Balboa Park is an awesome location! I've photographed there once before and there are a variety of settings and backdrops. We were able to photograph Allegra in a number of outfits and even had her sitting on a koa wood rocking horse her parents brought back from Hawaii. I also made sure to photograph the entire family as well as give big brother Connor a few photos of his own.

This is just a small preview and I'll post more once the family has seen everything first.

  

  

No comments: